The Complete Course for Beginners, 2nd Edition
Routledge – 2012 – 354 pages
Series: Colloquial Series
Colloquial Finnish provides a step-by-step course in Finnish as it is written and spoken today. Combining a user-friendly approach with a thorough treatment of the language, it equips learners with the essential skills needed to communicate confidently and effectively in Finnish in a broad range of situations. No prior knowledge of the language is required.
Key features include:
• progressive coverage of speaking, listening, reading and writing skills
• structured, jargon-free explanations of grammar
• an extensive range of focused and stimulating exercises
• realistic and entertaining dialogues covering a broad variety of scenarios
• useful vocabulary lists throughout the text
• additional resources available at the back of the book, including a full answer key, a grammar summary and bilingual glossaries
Balanced, comprehensive and rewarding, Colloquial Finnish will be an indispensable resource both for independent learners and students taking courses in Finnish.
The complete course comprises the book and audio materials. These are available to purchase separately in paperback, ebook, CD and MP3 format. The paperback and CDs can also be purchased together in the great-value Colloquials pack.
Paperback: 978-0-415-49966-8 (please note this does not include the audio)
CDs : 978-0-415-48627-9
eBook: 978-0-203-81794-0 (please note this does not include the audio, available to purchase from http://ebookstore.tandf.co.uk/audio_viewbooks.aspx)
MP3s: 978-0-415-49967-5 (available to purchase from http://ebookstore.tandf.co.uk/audio_viewbooks.aspx)
Pack : 978-0-415-49968-2 (paperback and CDs)
It has been brought to our attention that on some of the CD copies of Colloquial Finnish, there is an error on track 3 of CD 1. We would urge all customers who have experienced this error to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org; we will then send you a correct replacement MP3 of this track, free of charge.
Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused.
1. Making contact 2. No thanks 3. Help yourself! 4. Getting around and about 5. What’ll we buy? 6. Let’s go to the kiosk! 7. Isn’t it great to get home for Christmas! 8. From bad to worse 9. Time and space 10. What’ll we do today? 11. More and more quickly 12. There seems to be something under the carpet 13. Easy come 14. Bears can be dangerous, I suppose 15. Serious matters 16. Let it not be said! Key to exercises Appendix A: Finnish names Appendix B: Overveiw of Finnish verb inflection Appendix C: Overview of Finnish nominal inflection Finnish–English glossary English–Finnish glossary Glossary of grammatical terms Index