Passion-Driven Classroom, The
A Framework for Teaching and Learning
Routledge – 2011 – 160 pages
Discover ways to cultivate a thriving and passionate community of learners – in your classroom! In this book, educators and consultants Angela Maiers and Amy Sandvold show you how to spark and sustain your students’ energy, excitement, and love of learning.
This book presents ideas for planning and implementing a Clubhouse Classroom, where passion meets practice every day. In the Clubhouse Classroom, students learn new skills and explore their talents with the help of educators who are invigorated by the subjects they teach.
Learn how to move away from prescription-driven learning toward passion-driven learning, and begin to make a real difference in the lives of your students. These strategies will help teachers in Grades K-12 put the "heart" back into teaching and learning – and make a lasting impact as educators!
1. Achievement Gap or Passion Gap?
2. Let's Talk About Passion
3. Clubhouse Learning: Where Passion Meets Practice
4. A Passion-Driven Classroom: The Essentials
5. Organizing the Clubhouse Classroom
6. Managing the Clubhouse Classroom
7. From the Trenches: The Voices of Passion
8. Closing Thoughts: Choosing Passion in Times of Change