These innovative language courses in Spanish, French and German use liaison interpreting to teach the spoken language to advanced students. A highly effective aid to language acquisition and consolidation, Interpreting Spanish, French and German will improve students' confidence in speaking and discussing a wide variety of contemporary topics.
Students learn a range transferable skills including:
* oral proficiency in both the language of study and English
* presentation skills
* linguistic flexibility
* cross-cultural awareness.
The courses in the Interpreting series will provide a popular alternative to conversation classes, and are ideal for those who have not taught interpreting before.
Each course pack includes:
* Tutor's Book: how to make lessons a success, with notes on class design, preparation, feedback and assessment and transcripts of dialogues on the cassettes
* Student Handouts: a wealth of photocopiable resources for use in and outside the classroom
* Audio Cassettes: 5-7 hours of dialogues and exercises for practice and revision.
An inspection pack containing sample material is available for each language.