Welcome to the online resources for Richard Schechner’s Performance Studies: An Introduction.
Here you’ll find:
- Video instruction from the godfather of performance studies. See Richard introduce the book’s key ideas and explain them in his own words, breaking things down into simple sections.
- An interactive glossary for key terms and biographies. Search through all of the people and ideas that appear in the book. Test how many you remember using our interactive flashcards.
- Activities for in-class and homework, including writing prompts and fieldwork assignments. These are all available to download, so that you can work through them at your own speed and build on what you learn as you read each chapter.
- Quizzes Test yourself on what you’ve read – while following along with the text or as an end-of-chapter review.
- Flashcards on key topics.
- Links to websites, to find out more about the topics in each chapter. Explore a wealth of up-to-date links to key resources, videos and websites, sorted by chapter. Invaluable when preparing for class or researching an essay.
- Instructor Resources
- PowerPoint slides summarize each chapter, while sample syllabi lay out how to use the book as part of a structured course.