How often do you hear your pupils cry 'what can I write about?'
1001 Brilliant Writing Ideas offers teachers endless ideas and inventive suggestions, opening up new opportunities for creative writing lessons. With over 1000 different ‘story-starters’ across a vast range of genres and narrative styles, this versatile book provides food for thought for pupils of a wide range of ages and abilities.
This highly practical and richly illustrated photocopiable resource
- Addresses the ‘blank mind’ dilemma, offering pupils a plethora of story-writing ideas and suggestions
- Enables teachers to inspire pupils who struggle with creative writing
- Provides prompts to set ideas into motion, whilst leaving plenty of scope for original and creative thought
- Challenges pupils, encouraging them to use higher level thinking skills
- Offers mix and match stimulus pieces which can be used independently or put together to give pupils more or less support as required
Any teacher whose inventiveness is flagging, and whose pupils are running out of ideas, will find this an essential classroom resource.
Table of Contents
1. Pleasurable and Preposterous Plots to Ponder 2. Absurdities 3. Nature: Wild and Wonderful 4. Curious Combinations 5. Story Starters 6. Menagerie Muses 7. Adventures in Space 8. Charismatic Characters 9. Unusual Perspectives 10. Fabulous and Fanciful Fashions 11. Sinister Scallywags, Vexatious Villains, Rogues and Rascals 12. If I Could 13. Myriad of Mixes 14. Sticky Situations 15. Tantalising Titles 16. Perky Pets 17. Ghostly, Ghoulish and Ghastly 18. Sea and Sky 19. Delightful and Delicious Delicacies 20. World of Wizardry, Wicked Witches and Magic 21. Fairies and Fantasies 22. Marvellous Music 23. Journeys Far and Wide 24. Sensational Settings 25. Fearless Friends and Formidable Foes 26. Sleeping and Dreaming 27. Wonderful World of Science 28. Myths and Mysteries 29. A Final Few
Ron Shaw has many years of classroom experience and is the author of more than 40 books helping primary and secondary school students to improve their thinking skills.