A Beginner’s Guide to Image Multi-Level Thresholding emphasizes various image thresholding methods that are necessary for image pre-processing and initial level enhancement.
- Explains basic concepts and the implementation of Image Multi-Level Thresholding (grayscale and RGB images)
- Presents a detailed evaluation in real-time application, including the need for heuristic algorithm, the choice of objective and threshold function, and the evaluation of the outcome
- Describes how the image thresholding acts as a pre-processing technique and how the region of interest in a medical image is enhanced with thresholding
- Illustrates integration of the thresholding technique with bio-inspired algorithms
- Includes current findings and future directions of image multi-level thresholding and its practical implementation
- Emphasizes the need for multi-level thresholding with suitable examples
The book is aimed at graduate students and researchers in image processing, electronics engineering, computer sciences and engineering.