Provides an impartial record of the political events that have helped to shape social, cultural, geographical and economic history in the countries of Africa.
Key features include:
* Individual country profiles
* The major political events that have shaped each country
* Charts each country's political progress
* Covers major events and developments from the early history of each nation to recent events
* Greater emphasis is given to more comtemporary events, particularly in nations that have undergone major political upheaval in recent years
* Details the elections, wars, disputes, diplomatic activities and changes to national borders by invasion, annexation and treaty that have had a major influence on history