74 pages | 6 B/W Illus.
In his clear and concise style, Windy Dryden outlines the steps and strategies that coaches using Rational Emotive Behavioural Coaching (REBC) should employ as a guide when working with coachees in development-focused REBC and in problem-focused REBC (addressing both practical and emotional problems).
A Practical Guide to Rational Emotive Behavioural Coaching shows how REB coaches can address the inevitable obstacles to coaching progress that are likely to occur in all types of REBC and outlines the most common steps for each type of coaching, including common strategies for the implementation of each step. The book also includes a unique survey, developed by the author, designed to help coachees in development-focused REBC assess and evaluate healthy principles of living.
The book will be an essential resource for coaches in practice and training, for professionals working in human resources and learning and development, and for executives in a coaching role.
1. Laying the Foundations (LTF): Helping Coachees to Get the Most from REBC.
2. A Step-based Framework for the Practice of Emotional Problem-Focused REBC (EPF-REBC).
3. A Step-based Framework for the Practice of Practical Problem-Focused REBC (PPF-REBC).
4. A Step-based Framework for the Practice of Development-Focused REBC (DF-REBC).
5. Ending REBC, Follow-Up and Evaluation (EFE).
Appendix: 20 Healthy Principles of Living and Development-Focused Coaching.
The Focus on Coaching series features books which cover an aspect of coaching particularly dear to the author's or editor's heart that they wish to share with the wider professional coaching community. The series editors are Windy Dryden and David A. Lane.