This is the essential reference work for any student studying psychology for the first time. Packed with easy-to-understand definitions and helpful diagrams, the new edition has been expanded to include the key concepts within the growing field of neuroscience, as well as greater coverage of positive psychology.
Key features include:
- over 2,500 entries
- extensive cross-referencing for easy navigation
- mini biographies of key psychologists
- list of key reference works
- study notes section
- list of common abbreviations
Also including a list of key references in the field and a guide to writing essays and referencing your work, this is the perfect accompaniment for any student newly encountering this fascinating subject, those taking related disciplines in the health or social sciences, or professionals wanting to familiarise themselves with key terms and ideas.
Table of Contents
3. About the Authors
4. A-Z of Psychology and Neuroscience
5. Appendix 1: Key References
6. Appendix 2: How to write an essay
7. Appendix 3: List of Abbreviations
Nicky Hayes has been granted the British Psychological Society’s Award for Excellence in Psychology Education. She is a Chartered Psychologist, a Fellow of the British Psychological Society and an Honorary Life Member of the Association for the Teaching of Psychology.
Peter Stratton is Emeritus Professor at the University of Leeds.