There has been a great deal of progress in additive manufacturing (AM) during the past two decades and recent developments have been highlighted by many researchers. However, until now, there has been a limit to what is available for beginners in a step-by-step format, showcasing the different commercial AM technologies for field application. This book helps fill that gap. Additive Manufacturing: Applications and Innovations presents case studies of commonly used AM technologies with basic numerical problems for better understanding. It also includes hybrid processes and 4D printing applications, which currently are not offered in other AM books.
- Offers solved and unsolved problems in additive manufacturing
- Provides an understanding for additive manufacturing per international standards
- Includes case studies for better understanding of the individual processes
- Presents a review of specific technology highlights
- Introduces future research directions, mainly in 4D printing applications
Introduction to Additive Manufacturing. Case Studies for Individual Process. Three Dimensional Printing. Stereolithography Apparatus (SLA). Selective Laser Sintering (SLS). Fused Deposition Modeling (FDM). Subtractive Manufacturing (SM). Case Studies for Hybrid Process for Rapid Manufacturing. Three Dimensional Printing and Sand Casting. Fused Deposition Modeling (FDM) and Investment Casting. Case Studies for Four Dimensional printing.