This book describes the operations and industrial processes related to the production of advanced materials including ingot and powder metallurgy processing routes. It outlines the deformation processing mechanisms inducing failure at both ambient and high temperatures. Further, it embodies practical knowledge and engineering mechanisms of traditional and unorthodox material disposal approaches, concurrently with gear cutting/ manufacturing and computer numerically controlled machining. The surface fusion of metals in the production of coatings via the process of laser cladding is also covered.
- Covers novel and multi-variety techniques of materials processing and manufacturing.
- Reports on the significant variables of the processes and basic operations of advanced materials.
- Discusses fundamental and engineering machining analysis.
- Includes novel fabrication of TiAl alloys using both powder and ingot metallurgy routes.
- Enables critical thinking through technical problem solving of local service manufacturers.
This book is aimed at researchers and graduate students in materials and manufacturing engineering.