Advanced Nanocarbon Materials
Applications for Health Care
- Available for pre-order. Item will ship after May 5, 2022
This book provides a well-focused and comprehensive overview of the history and background of nanocarbon based materials like carbon nanotubes, graphene, and fullerenes. It discusses their structure, synthesis, properties and modifications for making various advanced materials. The authors focus on their use in the health care sector as therapeutic agents in pharmacy and medicine, in diagnosis and analysis in pharmacy and medicine, as biosensors, gene and drug delivery, cancer therapy, biosensing and bioimaging, go-based antibacterial materials, and as a promising antioxidant and GO-based scaffold for cell culture. The authors also showcase the application potential of advanced nanocarbon based materials by examining the biomedical applications developed via novel advanced designing, in which the technologies will be adopted and the end users can be benefited. Finally the authors discuss the increasing research on carbon based materials, along with the challenges they are currently facing along with possible solutions that may result in the availability of the accessible, reliable and cost-efficient technology. The potential user for this book may be medical practitioners, biologists, pharmacists, and chemists.This book covers in-depth knowledge of processing parameters for making nanocarbon based material for high end applications in the biomedical and pharmaceutical fields.
Table of Contents
1. CNT Mediated Functional Restoration of Human Tissue and Organs.
Manali Datta, Umesh K Dwivedi
2. Advanced Nano-Carbon Materials: An Introduction to History and Background.
Deepshikha Rathore,Umesh K. Dwivedi
3. Carbon Dots: Structure, Synthesis, Properties, and Advanced Healthcare Applications.
Chinnu Sabu, V. K. Ameena Shirin, Renu Sankar, K. Pramod
4. Carbon Nanotubes CNT: Synthesis, Properties and Modifications.
Deepshikha Rathore, Umesh K. Dwivedi
5. Graphene Nanoribbons, Fabrication, Properties and Biomedical Applications.
Asha P Johnson, H. V. Gangadharappa, K. Pramod
6. Biobased Nano Carbon Materials (Plant Based for Green Materials) Synthesis, Properties and Biomedical Applications.
Anita Tilwari, Rajesh Saxena
7. Advantages of Advanced Carbon‐Based Nano-Materials in Medical and Pharmaceutical.
M. K. Verma, R Chowdhary
8. Carbon Nanotubes/Graphene Based Chemiresistive Biosensors.
Suresh Bandi, Ajeet K. Srivastav
9. Green Synthesis of Graphene and Graphene Oxide and their use as Antimicrobial Agent.
Roberta Bussamara, Nathália M. Galdino, Andrea A. H. da Rocha, Jackson D. Scholten
10. A Review on Fullerenes and its applications in health care sector.
M Sundararajan, L Athira, R A Renjith, M. Prasanna, R G Rejith, S. Ramaswamy, Sarika Verma, M A Mohammed-Aslam
Dr. Sarika Verma is currently working as a Principal Scientist at the Materials for Radiation Shielding and Cement Free Concrete division of CSIR-Advanced Materials and Processes Research Institute (AMPRI), in Bhopal MP, India.
Dr Raju Khan, is a Professor at the CSIR-Advanced Materials and Processes Research Institute (CSIR-AMPRI).
Dr. Avanish Kumar Srivastava is the Director, CSIR – Advanced Materials and Processes Research Institute, in Bhopal, India.