Advanced Ship Design for Pollution Prevention
Prices & shipping based on shipping country
Advanced Ship Design for Pollution Prevention is a collection of papers reflecting the teaching materials for a Master of Naval Architecture course developed in the European ASDEPP (Advanced Ship Design for Pollution Prevention) project. The project was financed by the European Commission within the TEMPUS program.
The topics covered in the book include:
* modelling of the environment and environmental loads
* ship structural reliability and strength
* fatigue reliability and rational inspection planning;
* collision and grounding as criteria in design of ship structures
* probabilistic approach to damage stability
Advanced Ship Design for Pollution Prevention shows recent trends and developments in Naval Architecture. It is a valuable reference source for PhD students, academics, engineers and professionals involved in design and maintenance of ships and marine structures.
Table of Contents
Preface. 1. Organization 2. Ship Structural Reliability with Respect to Ultimate Strength 3. Fatigue Reliability and Rational Inspection Planning 4. Collision and Grounding as Criteria in Design of Ship Structures 5. Probabilistic Approach to Damage Stability 6. Vibration & Measurements 7. Ship Design