This volume, Advanced Studies in Experimental and Clinical Medicine: Modern Trends and Approaches, provides a selection of chapters on new developments in various areas of clinical medicine, including dental, surgery, and general practice. These scientific papers and chapters analyze the diagnostic processes and inform of new and novel diagnostic techniques.
This book is divided into two sections; the first section contains review papers and includes an overview of experimental and clinical medicine, explaining its history from ancient medicine to modern medicine. The second section presents a selection of original research papers from respected authors on a variety of topics.
This book is recommended to immunologists, physiologists, and medical practitioners.
Table of Contents
1. Developments of Health Care: A Brief History of Medicine
P. Mereena Luke et al.
2. Immunomodulatory Effect of Plant-Based Extracts on Neurodegeneration
Koel Sinha and Chitrangada Das Mukhopadhyay
3. Bio-Implants Derived from Biocompatible and Biodegradable Biopolymeric Materials
4. Versatile Nature of Poly(Vinylpyrrolidone) in Clinical Medicine
K. R. Dhanya et al.
5. Heat Shock Protein 90 (Hsp90) Inhibitory Potentials of Some Chalcone Compounds as Novel Anti-Proliferative Candidates
Debarshi Kar Mahapatra et al.
6. Perspectives of Cashew Nut Shell Liquid (CNSL) in a Pharmacotherapeutic Context
Tomy Muringayil Joseph et al.
7. Role of Tandem Mass Spectrometry in Diagnosis and Management of Inborn Errors of Metabolism
Kannan Vaidyanathan and Sandhya Gopalakrishnan
8. Elevated Cytosolic Phospholipase A2αas a Target for Treatment and Prevention the Progression of Neurodegenerative Diseases
Rachel Levy et al.
9. Real-Time Biospeckle Monitoring of Drug Action in Trypanosoma cruzi Parasites
Mohammad Zaheer Ansari et al.
10. Hirakbhasma: A Potential Ayurvedic Antibacterial Drug Assessed by in vitro Pre-Clinical Studies
Sutapa Som Chaudhury et al.
11. Pathophysiology of Fluorosis and Calcium Dose Prediction for Its Reversal in Children: Mathematical Modeling, Analysis, and Simulation of Three Clinical Case Studies
Suja George et al.
12. Diagnosis of Mycobacterium tuberculosis from Sputum DNA Using Multiplex PCR
R. Gopinath et al.
13. Anti-HSV and Cytotoxicity Properties of Three Different Nanoparticles Derived from an Indian Medicinal Plants
K. Vasanthi et al.
14. A Positive Correlation between IGg2 Antibody Preponderance and Clearance of HSV during Active HSV Infections
K. Vasanthi et al.
15. Effects of Thermal Cycling on Surface Hardness, Diametral Tensile Strength, and Porosity of zn Organically Modified Ceramic (Ormocer) Based Visible Light Cure Dental Restorative Resin
P. P. Lizymol and Sree Chitra
P. Mereena Luke is a Research Scholar in the Department of Polymer Technology, Chemical Faculty, at Gdansk University of Technology, Poland.
K. R. Dhanya, PhD, is a Postdoctoral Fellow at the International and Inter University Center for Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam, India.
Didier Rouxel, PhD, is a full professor at the Institut Jean Lamour, Université de Lorraine, France.
Nandakumar Kalarikkal, PhD, is the Director of the International and Inter University Centre for Nanoscience and Nanotechnology as well as the Director and Assistant Professor in the School of Pure and Applied Physics at Mahatma Gandhi University, Kerala, India.
Sabu Thomas, PhD, DSc, FRSC, is the Vice Chancellor of Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam, Kerala, India, and Professor of Polymer Science and Engineering at the School of Chemical Sciences as well as Founder Director of the International and Inter University Centre for Nanoscience and Nanotechnology at Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam, India.