This new volume explores important recent approaches and advanced techniques for the effective management and treatment of wastewater. The book provides a range of diverse techniques for achieving optimum water quality management, for restoration of water bodies, for the improvement of a circular water economy, and for effective water reuse.
Many of the new methods and technologies included in the book focus on sustainable phytoremediation techniques, such as the use of earthworms, ecological floating beds, and anaerobic biovalorization. The book also comprehensively discusses the scope of nanomaterials for wastewater treatment. Some of the least explored aspects of water quality improvement, such as use of eco-roofs, the role of remote sensing in water quality management, and biosand filters for household wastewater treatment, are discussed as well.
1. Ecological Floating Bed (EFB) for Decontamination of Polluted Water Bodies
Afnan Ashraf, Shakeel Ahmad Bhat, Anurag Malik, et al.
2. Advanced Functional Nanomaterials for Sustainable Water Treatment Technologies
Sheeza Haroon, Shakeel Ahmad Bhat, Md. Towfiqul Islam, et al.
3. Bioenergy Landscapes for Sustainable Water Quality Management
Mehraj U. Din Dar, J. P. Singh, Kuldip Singh, et al.
4. Water Quality Enhancement with the Use of Eco-Roofs
Rajat Mishra, Susanta Das, Vishnu Ji Awasthi, et al.
5. Water Quality Management Models and Systems
Vallu Tejaswini, Jaripiti Trivikrama Raju, and Shakeel Ahmad Bhat
6. Riparian Wetlands and Water Quality
Syed Rouhullah Ali and Mahrukh
7. Role of Remote Sensing in Assessing Quality of Water
Pooja Goyal, Aamir Ishaq Shah, Neha Singhal, et al.
8. Biosand Filters for Household Wastewater Treatment
Puneet Sharma, Mehraj U. Din Dar, and N. L. Kushwaha
9. Earthworm-Assisted Bio-Remediation of Wastewater Treatment
Mudasir Shafi and Syed Rouhullah Ali
10. Phytoremediation Technique for Agricultural Pollutants
Mahrukh and Syed Rouhullah Ali
11. Anaerobic Biovalorization for Paper Mill Wastewater Treatment
Nethi Naga Hari Sairam, Jaripiti Trivikrama Raju, Ratnala Sudha Rani, et al.