© 2018 – Routledge (Textbook (Premium) (DRM-Protected))
380 pages | 34 B/W Illus.
Effective marketing is essential for any successful sport organization, from elite international teams to local leagues. Now in a fully revised and updated third edition, Advanced Theory and Practice in Sport Marketing is still the only text to introduce key theory and best practice at an advanced level.
This new edition goes beyond the introductory marketing course by exploring advanced marketing theories related to social responsibility, global issues, information systems, consumer behavior, product management, logistics, sales, promotions, and social/digital/mobile media. New to the edition are sections on branding, destination marketing, and performance evaluation that demonstrate how to measure impacts through sport marketing and how to use analytics to determine sport marketing success. Every chapter contains extended case studies and theory-to-practice insights from marketing professionals around the world and a companion website includes an impressive array of additional teaching and learning resources.
Advanced Theory and Practice in Sport Marketing goes further than any other textbook to prepare students for the real world of sport marketing. It is essential reading for any upper-level undergraduate or postgraduate course in sport marketing or sport business.
PART I: Sport Marketing: The Basics
1. Introduction to Sport Marketing
2. Social Responsibility in Sport Marketing
3. International and Global Sport Marketing Concepts
PART II: Understanding the Sport Consumer
4. Sport Marketing Research and Information Systems
5. Sport Consumer Behavior
PART III: Preparing the Sport Marketing Infrastructure
6. Sport Products and Logistics Management
7. Branding and Sport Brand Management
8. Sales Management in Sport
PART IV: Promotional Aspects of Sport Marketing
9. Communications and the Sport Promotions Mix
10. Social, Digital, and Mobile Marketing in the Sport Industry
11. Destination Marketing and Sport
PART V: Evaluating Sport Marketing Performance
12. Generating Impacts and Legacies through Sport Marketing
13. Using Analytics to Determine Sport Marketing Success
Appendix 1: Master Syllabus
Appendix 2: Glossary