Applying advanced structural and reliability assessment to the design, fabrication and operation of marine structures boosts public and commercial confidence and increases the competitiveness of waterborne transportation. Advancements in Marine Structures draws on recent experience and progress in the analysis and design of marine structures, exploring a full range of methods and modelling procedures and relates the practical application of these methodologies to real structures. The book contains papers presented at the first MARSTRUCT International Conference, held in Glasgow, UK, in March 2007. The topics include: Methods and Tools for Loads and Load Effects; Methods and Tools for Strength Assessment; Experimental Analysis of Structures; Materials and Fabrication of Structures; Methods and Tools for Structural Design and Optimisation; and Structural Reliability, Safety and Environmental Protection.The book will be of special interest to academics, researchers and consultants in marine structures and related areas.
- Methods and tools for loads and load effects
- Methods and tools for strength assessment
- Experimental analysis of structures
- Materials and fabrication of structures
- Methods and tools for structural design and optimization
- Structural reliability, safety and environmental protection