The book Advances in Distance Learning in Times of Pandemic is devoted to the issues and challenges faced by universities in the field of distance learning in COVID-19 times. It covers both the theoretical and practical aspects connected to distance education. It elaborates on issues regarding distance learning, its challenges, assessment by students and their expectations, the use of tools to improve distance learning, and the functioning of e-learning in the industry 4.0 and society 5.0 eras. The book also devotes a lot of space to the issues of Web 3.0 in university e-learning, quality assurance, and knowledge management. The aim and scope of this book is to draw a holistic picture of ongoing online teaching-activities before and during the lockdown period and present the meaning and future of e-learning from students’ points of view, taking into consideration their attitudes and expectations as well as industry 4.0 and society 5.0 aspects. The book presents the approach to distance learning and how it has changed, especially during a pandemic that revolutionized education.
• the function of online education and how that has changed before and during the pandemic.
• how e-learning is beneficial in promoting digital citizenship.
• distance learning characteristic in the era of industry 4.0 and society 5.0.
• how the era of industry 4.0 treats distance learning as a desirable form of education.
The book covers both scientific and educational aspects and can be useful for university-level undergraduate, postgraduate and research-grade courses and can be referred to by anyone interested in exploring the diverse aspects of distance learning.
1. COVID-19 Impact on Educational Institutions: A Detailed Analysis
Ali Rehman, Shujaat Khan, Fathyat Hashim
2. E-Learning as a Desirable Form of Education in the era of Society 5.0
K. Jayanthi, Dahlia Sam, M. Sugantha Priya, S. Saranya, R. Gomathi
3. Education Situation in Online Education Before the Pandemic and in the Time of Pandemic
Hesham Magd, Henry Jonathan, Shad Ahmed Khan
4. Factors Affecting Adoption of E-Learning System in Management Students During COVID-19 in India
Pooja Darda, Om Jee Gupta, Meenal Pendse
5. New Technology Anxiety and Acceptance of Technology: An Appraisal of MS Teams
Shad Ahmed Khan, Hesham Magd
6. The Paradigm Shift in Higher Education and Impact of Distance Learning in Era of Industry 4.0 and Society 5.0
Thiyagarajan R, V. Harish
7. The Use of Web 3.0 in University E-Learning, Quality Assurance and Knowledge Management
8. The Influence of Industry 4.0 and 5.0 for Distance Learning Education in Times of Pandemic for a Modern Society
Joseph Bamidele Awotunde, Emmanuel Femi Ayo, Gbemisola Janet Ajamu, Taibat Bolanle Jimoh, Sunday Adeola Ajagbe
9. Innovations of Teaching and Testing English to Students of other Majors Online during COVID-19 Pandemic at Mila University Center, Algeria
10. Distance Learning and Higher Education Hybridization: Opportunities and Challenges for Students with Disabilities
11. E-Learning: A Catalyst to Promote the Digital Citizenship
Pratiksha Dixit, Usha Pathak