Based on a case study of urban school superintendents in a leadership development program, this book offers a concrete demonstration of how adaptive leadership is applied and learned. Blending the theory of adaptive leadership with the practice of urban school superintendents, this book also utilizes the analytic lens of transformative learning as developed by Jack Mezirow.
Table of Contents
- Participating Superintendents: Profiles in Leadership—and Survival
- Description of the Program for Leading Superintendents (PLS)
- How Participants Remembered PLS
- Sifting Through the Narrative
- Conclusions and Recommendations for Future Research
Sarah Chace is assistant professor of Leadership Studies at Christopher Newport University, USA.