Africa South of the Sahara 2003
This revised and updated thirty-second edition provides a complete survey of the region including:
* Over 1,300 pages of economic and demographic statistics, wide-ranging directory material and authoritative articles
* Contributions from over 50 leading experts on African affairs
* Incisive analysis of the latest available information.
* New and revised analytical articles covering the issues affecting the area as a whole including: Reforming Africa: Continuities and Changes; Economic Trends in Africa South of the Sahara; The Privatization of Security in Sub-Saharan Africa and European Colonial Rule in Africa.
Individual chapters on every country containing:
* Introductory Survey - essays on area and population, agriculture, forestry, livestock, industry, finance, trade, transport, education and the media
* Directory - names, addresses and contact numbers for key areas such as the Constitution, government, legislature, judiciary, political organizations, trade, industry and tourism
* Statistics - covering population, agriculture, forestry, industry, finance, education and the media. Plus a select bibliography.
* Detailed information on the following: regional organizations; major commodities; calendars, time reckoning, and weights and measures; research institutes and a select periodicals bibliography.
'This is probably the best reference work available on this part of the African continent.' - Reference Reviews
'An unrivalled record of African business and political developments, spanning almost the entire post-independence era.' - African Review of Business and Technology