The definitive one-volume guide to all sub-Saharan African countries, providing invaluable economic, political, statistical and directory data.
New for 2013:
- fully revised government lists for all countries
- details on major news stories over the past 12 months, including the post-secession conflict between Sudan and South Sudan and the military coups in Mali and Guinea-Bissau.
- essays on Brazil-Africa Relations and West African Security Issues
Thoroughly revised and updated analytical articles covering issues including: Economic Trends; Health and Medical Issues; State Failure; Development; and China’s Influence in Sub-Saharan Africa
Individual chapters on every country incorporating:
- essays on the physical and social geography, recent history and economy
- an extensive statistical survey of economic indicators
- a full directory containing names, addresses and contact details for key areas such as the government, diplomatic representation, the media, finance, trade and industry, and defence
- a useful bibliography, providing sources for further research
Detailed information on regional organizations; commodities; research institutes; and select bibliographies of books and periodicals.