Originally published between 1986 and 1989 the 8 volumes in this set reflect the research and debate surrounding many issues for the African economy, society and culture and as such make a vital contribution to effective development, both rural and urban. They re-issue key titles from the International African Library and the International African Seminars and address themes of direct relevance to contemporary Africa on topics as diverse as medicine, migration, housing, pastorialism and marriage.
Table of Contents
1. Mahdi Adamu & A. H. M. Kirk-Greene Pastoralists of the West African Savannah 978-1-138-33432-8
2. Edited by Philip Amis and Peter Lloyd Housing Africa's Urban Poor 978-1-138-33457-1
3. Sandra T. Barnes Patrons and Power 978-0-367-00121-6
4. Jane I. Guyer Feeding African Cities 978-0-367-00040-0
5. Murray Last and G. L. Chavunduka The Professionalisation of African Medicine 978-0-367-00049-3
6. Edited by David Parkin and David Nyamwaya Transformations of African Marriage 978-1-138-33480-9
7. Johan Pottier Migrants No More 978-0-367-00061-5
8. Günther Schlee Identities on the Move 978-0-367-00140-7
Multivolume collection by leading authors in the field.