This sixth edition of Agribusiness Management provides students and managers with a fundamental understanding of the key concepts needed to successfully manage agribusinesses in a rapidly changing, high-tech, consumer-oriented, and uncertain world.
The text uses four specific approaches to help readers develop and enhance their capabilities as agribusiness managers. First, it offers a contemporary focus that reflects the issues that agribusiness managers face today and are likely to face tomorrow. Second, the book presents conceptual material in a pragmatic way with illustrations and examples that will help the reader understand how a specific concept works in practice. Third, the book has a decision-making emphasis, providing contemporary tools that readers will find useful when making decisions in the contemporary business environment. Finally, Agribusiness Management offers a pertinent set of discussion questions and case studies that will allow the reader to apply the material covered in real-world situations. This edition has been updated throughout with new examples and data, as well as additional material on succession planning and managing human resources.
This book is an ideal text for all courses on management in the agribusiness industry.
PART 1. Agribusiness Management: Scope, Functions, and Tasks
1. The Business of Agribusiness
2. Managing the Agribusiness
3. Economics for Agribusiness Managers
PART 2. Agribusiness Management: Organization and Context
4. The Organization of an Agribusiness
5. International Agribusiness
PART 3. Marketing Management for Agribusiness
6. Strategic Market Planning
7. The Marketing Mix
8. Marketing Decision Tools for Agribusiness
PART 4. Financial Management for Agribusiness
9. Understanding Financial Statements
10. Analyzing Financial Statements
11. Financing the Agribusiness
12. Tools for Evaluating Operating Decisions
13. Tools for Evaluating Investment Decisions
PART 5. Operations Management for Agribusiness
14. Production Planning and Management
15. Supply Chain Management for Agribusiness
PART 6. Human Resource Management for Agribusiness
16. Managing Organizational Structure
17. Managing Human Resources in Agribusiness
"Through six improvements and additions, Agribusiness Management has become the gold standard for training the next generation of agribusiness professionals." – Jayson Lusk, Distinguished Professor and Head, Department of Agricultural Economics, Purdue University, USA.
"The sixth edition of Agribusiness Management is as relevant today as it was in its first edition which debuted almost 40 years ago." – Michael Boland, Koller Professor and Director, Food Industry Center, University of Minnesota, USA.