Analysis, Design and Construction of Foundations
Analysis, Design and Construction of Foundations outlines methods for analysis and design the construction of shallow and deep foundations with particular reference to case studies in Hong Kong and China, as well as a discussion of methods used in other countries. It introduces the main approaches used by geotechnical and structural engineers, and the precautions required for planning and designing foundation structures. Some computational methods and computer programs are reviewed to provide tools for performing more realistic analysis of foundation systems.
The authors examine in depth the methods used for constructing shallow foundations, deep foundations, excavation and lateral support systems, ground improvement techniques, and ground monitoring for proper site management. Some new and innovative foundation construction methods are also introduced. It is illustrated with case studies of failures and defects from actual construction projects. It is ideal for consulting geotechnical engineers.
1. Introduction to geotechnical analysis, site investigation and in-situ tests
2. Ultimate limit state analysis of shallow foundations
3. Serviceability limit state of shallow foundations
4. Analysis and design of footings, raft foundations and pile caps
5. Excavation and lateral support systems (ELS)
6. Piling engineering
7. Slope stability analysis and stabilisation