Applied Edge AI
Concepts, Platforms, and Industry Use Cases
- Available for pre-order. Item will ship after April 6, 2022
The strategic combination of edge computing and artificial intelligence (AI) is a distinct innovation and disruption enabling enterprises to visualize and realize next-generation software services and applications. Not only businesses but also individuals and innovators are all set to embrace and experience the unique capabilities of edge AI, which will provide real-time and intelligent applications with the faster maturity and stability. Edge AI will help enterprises evolve into real-time digital organizations.
Applied Edge AI: Concepts, Platforms, and Industry Use Cases focuses on the technologies, processes, systems, and applications that are driving this evolution. It examines the implementation technologies, the products, processes, platforms, patterns, and practices, and use cases. AI-enabled chips are exclusively used in edge devices to accelerate intelligent processing at edge. The book examines AI toolkits and platforms for facilitating edge intelligence. It also covers chips, algorithms, and tools to implement edge AI, as well as use cases.
Table of Contents
1. Edge Computing: Opportunities and Challenges
Ashwini S, R. I. Minu, and G Nagarajan
2. Demystifying the Edge AI Paradigm
P Beaulah Soundarabai, Peter Augustine, and Smitha Vinod
3. Big Data Driven Edge-Cloud Collaboration for Cloud Manufacturing with SDN Technologies
M. Vijayalakshmi and R. I. Minu
4. Artificial Intelligence in 5G and Beyond Networks
Dimitris Tsolkas, Harilaos Koumaras, Anastasios-Stavros Charismiadis, and Andreas Foteas
5. An Application Oriented Study of Security Threats and Countermeasures in Edge Computing-Assisted Internet of Things
G Nagarajan, Serin V. Simpson, and T. Sasikala
6. Edge AI for Industrial IoT Applications
Sivabalan S and R. I. Minu
7. Edge AI: From the Perspective of Predictive Maintenance
S. Sharanya, Revathi Venkataraman, and G. Murali
8. Unlocking the Potential of AI-Powered Block Chain Technology in Environment Sustainability and Social Good
R. Sivarethinamohan, Parthiban Jovin, and S. Sujatha
9. UAV-Based Smart Wing Inspection System
S. Karthikeyan, Ahmed Dulvi, R. Raghavi, and S. Sai Suresh
10. Edge AI-Based Ariel Monitoring
S. Karthikeyan, A. Sharun, G. Bharath Ajay, and N. Raakin Ahamed
11. Object Detection in Edge Environment: A Comparative Study of Algorithms and Use-Cases
Aishwarya D, Sony Priya S, and R. I. Minu
12. Ambient Intelligence: An Emerging Innovation of Sensing and Service Systems
V. J. K. Kishor Sonti and G. Sundari
Dr. Pethuru Raj Chelliah is the chief architect in the Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) division of Reliance Jio Infocomm Ltd. (RJIL), Bangalore, India.
Dr. G. Nagarajan is a professor at the Department of Computer Science and Engineering, School of Computing, Sathyabama Institute of Science and Technology, Chennai, India.
Dr. R. I. Minu is an associate professor at the Department of Computer Science and Engineering, SRM Institute of Science and Technology, Kattankulathur, India.