Applied Pharmaceutical Science and Microbiology
Novel Green Chemistry Methods and Natural Products
- Available for pre-order. Item will ship after November 30, 2020
This volume on applied pharmaceutical science and microbiology looks at the latest research on the applications of natural products for drug uses. It focuses on understanding how to apply the principles of novel green chemistry methods in the vital area of pharmaceuticals and covers the important aspects of green microbial technology in the pharmaceutical industry.
Chapters include studies on the applications used of natural products in folk and regional medicines, such as for digestive problems, dermatological infections, respiratory diseases, vessel diseases, diarrhea and dysentery, ringworms, boils, fevers (antipyretic), skin and blood diseases, mouth sores, channel discharges, and even cancer. It looks at medical benefit of microbial fermentation for the conservation of nutrients. Other chapters present information on AgNPs fabricated from natural plant and organism extracts for the treatment of cancer and nanoparticles-based drug delivery system as promising technology in microbial pharmaceutics and extensive applications.
Table of Contents
1. Antimicrobial, Antioxidant, and Composition of Verbena carolina and Mentha
Francisco Torrens and Gloria Castellano
2. Recent Trends in Microbial Fermentation
Akshada Atul Bakliwal, Swati Gokul Talele, and Anil G. Jadhav
3. Recent Reports on Imperative Medicinal Potentials of Boswellia serrate
Souranava Jana, Debarshi Kar Mahapatra, and Souvik Mukherjee
4. Generation of Natural Pharmaceuticals Based on Microbial Transformation of Herbal Constituents
M. R. Badwar et al.
5. Actinidia deliciosa: A Nature’s Boon to Modern Pharmacotherapeutics
Vivek Kumar Raman, Sunil Kumar Chauhan, and Arijit Chaudhuri
6. Ocimum sanctum L. (Holy Basil or Tulsi): A Medicinally Significant Herb
Manik Das, Debarshi Kar Mahapatra, and Kuntal Manna
7. Anti-Proliferative Potentials of Silver Nanoparticles Synthesized from Natural Biomass
Roshan Telrandhe, Sanjay Kumar Bharti, and Debarshi Kar Mahapatra
8. Nanoparticles as Promising Technology in Microbial Pharmaceutics
Eknath D. Ahire, Swati G. Talele, and Heena S. Shah
9. Spherulites: A Novel Approach in Vesicular Drug Delivery Systems
Deepal J. Taank et al.
10. Role of Omega 3-Fatty Acids in Different Neurodegerative Disorders
Eknath D. Ahire et al.
11. Thymoquinone: Therapeutic Potential and Molecular Targets
Abuzer Ali et al.
Debarshi Kar Mahapatra, PhD, is currently Assistant Professor in the Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry at Dadasaheb Balpande College of Pharmacy, Rashtrasant Tukadoji Maharaj Nagpur University, Nagpur, Maharashtra, India.
Swati Gokul Talele, PhD, is currently serving as an Assistant Professor, Department of Pharmaceutics at Sandip Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences.
A. K. Haghi, PhD, is the author and editor of 165 books, as well as 1000 published papers in various journals and conference proceedings.