© 2018 – Routledge
162 pages | 137 Color Illus. | 72 B/W Illus.
Art and Design for Secondary Students with SEN is a valuable compilation of practical ideas, visual aids and lesson plans designed to engage students in developing their creative art skills. Made up of twelve lessons that each examine a particular theme, the book spans a wide variety of topics and different media in art, progressing from basic drawing and painting techniques in pencil, pastel, watercolour and acrylic and moving onto higher level creative design techniques of painting on glass and silk.
• Step by step, tried and tested lesson plans devised by an experienced and qualified art teacher.
• Helpful learning outcomes, timings, materials and recommended resources for each lesson.
• Useful tips and visual teaching aids for introducing new techniques.
• Full colour illustrations throughout, including examples of students’ art work.
• All illustrations available to download as e-resources.
With links to the National Art Curriculum and other secondary curriculum subjects, this resource offers innovative and creative ideas for delivering engaging art lessons. This book will be ideal reading for both specialist and non-specialist teachers of art and design at secondary level who work with small groups, as well as teaching assistants, art and occupational therapists, youth workers and PGCE students of secondary art and design.
1. Drawing with lines and symbols for creative patterns 2. Colour theory and 3D shapes 3. Circles and ellipses 4. Stone and sea shell studies in pencil and paint 5. Tonal Value – Still Life Studies 6. Composition techniques 7. Pastel portraits 8. Painting on glass 9. Acrylic still life painting 10. Watercolour painting 11. Painting on silk using gutta and salt 12. Painting on silk using faux-batik