Automation is the use of various control systems for operating equipment such as machinery and processes. In line, this book deals with comprehensive analysis of the trends and technologies in automation and control systems used in textile engineering. The control systems descript in all chapters is to dissect the important components of an integrated control system in spinning, weaving, knitting, chemical processing and garment industries, and then to determine if and how the components are converging to provide manageable and reliable systems throughout the chain from fiber to the ultimate customer.
• Describes the design features of machinery for operating various textile machineries in product manufacturing
• Covers the fundamentals of the instrumentation and control engineering used in textile machineries
• Illustrates sensors and basic elements for textile automation
• Highlights the need of robotics in textile engineering
• Reviews the overall idea and scope of research in designing textile machineries
Table of Contents
- CONTROL SYSTEMS ENGINEERING. 2. INSTRUMENTATION. 3. PROGRAMMABLE LOGIC CONTROL SYSTEMS. 4. INSTRUMENTATION AND CONTROL SYSTEMS ON BLOWROOM SEQUENCE. 5. INSTRUMENTATION AND CONTROL SYSTEM IN CARDING. 6. INSTRUMENTATION AND CONTROL SYSTEMS IN DRAWFRAME AND SPEED FRAME. 7. INSTRUMENTATION AND CONTROL SYSTEMS IN RING AND ROTOR SPINNING. 8. CONTROL SYSTEMS IN CONE WINDING MACHINE. 9. INSTRUMENTATION AND CONTROL SYSTEMS IN WARPING AND SIZING MACHINE. 10. CONTROL SYSTEMS IN WEAVING. 11. CONTROLS IN KNITTING. 12. CONTROLS IN TESTING INSTRUMENTS. 13. AUTOMATION AND CONTROL IN CHEMICAL PROCESSING. 14. AUTOMATION IN GARMENTS. 15. CAD/CAM SOLUTIONS FOR TEXTILES.
Dr L Ashok Kumar is a Postdoctoral Research Fellow from San Diego State University, California.
M. Senthilkumar joined as Lecturer in Department of Textile Technology, PSG Polytechnic College, Coimbatore, India from September 2006 to June 2017 and promoted as Head of the Department and working till date. So far he has published nearly 50 research papers in various international and national journals. He has contributed one chapter as a co-author for the book entitled on Military Textiles, Wood head publication, Cambridge, England.