Basic Concepts in Environmental Biotechnology
- Available for pre-order. Item will ship after September 1, 2021
The book includes current and emerging concepts in the area of environmental biotechnology like pollution: source, control and measurement, solid waste management, bioremediation, biofuels, biosensors, bioleaching, conservation biotechnology etc. The book also includes recent innovations made in this field and incorporates case studies to help in understanding the concepts. This book applies principles from multidisciplinary sciences of environmental engineering, metabolic engineering, rDNA technology and omics to study the role of microbes and plants in tackling environmental issues. It also includes content related to risk assessment and environmental management system. Each chapter provides problems and solutions of different topics with diagrammatic illustrations and tables for students, researchers and other professionals in environmental biotechnology.
Table of Contents
1. Environmental Biotechnology: An Overview
Sonu Bhatia, Jagtar Singh
2. Air Pollution: Sources, Control and Treatment Methods
Malarvizhi Kaliyaperuma, Indu Sharma
3. Soil Pollution: Sources, Control and Treatment Methods
Meenu Walia, Amit Joshi, Navneet Batra
4. Water Pollution: Sources, Control and Treatment Methods
5. Noise Pollution: Sources, Control and Treatment Methods.
Himanshu Sharma, Yogesh Rawal, Navneet Batra
6. Solid Waste Management: Sources and Treatment.
7. Bioremediation: Concept and Applications.
Jing He, Xueyan Chen, Varenyam Achal
8. Biopesticides and Biofertilizers.
Abhinay Thakur, Ajay Sharma, Anil Kumar Sharma
9. Biosensors for environmental monitoring.
10. Bioleaching and Biomining: Concept, applications and limitations.
11. Biodegradation of organic and inorganic pollutants.
Mahdieh Houshani, Sarieh Tarigholizadeh, Vishnu D Rajput, Hanuman Singh Jatav
12. Biotechnology for conservation of biodiversity.
Alka Rani, Rajni, Wamik Azmi
13. Environmental risks and concerns of Biotechnology.
Tarun Sharma, Neetu Sharma
14. Biofuel: Production, applications and challenges.
Neetu Sharma, Abhinashi Singh Sodhi
15. Bioplastics: Origin, Types and Applications.
Damanjeet Kaur, Saurabh Gupta
16. Environmental Risk monitoring assessment and management.
Vinod Yadav, Mony Thakur
Dr. Neetu Sharma is working as an Assistant Professor in the Department of Biotechnology, GGDSD College, Chandigarh, India. Her thrust area of research includes Biotechnology, Bioremediation and Nanotechnology.
Abhinashi Singh Sodhi is currently working as Assistant Professor in the Department of Biotechnology, GGDSD College, Chandigarh, India. His current research focus is waste reduction, valorization and bioproduct formation.
Dr. Navneet Batra, is currently serving as Associate Professor and Head, Department of Biotechnology, GGDSD College, Chandigarh, India. He has extensive academic and research experience of over 20 years with specialization in Biotechnology and Biochemical Engineering