Becoming an Outstanding Languages Teacher explores the skills that it takes to deliver exceptional language teaching and produce outstanding results. Offering support to all language teachers, this book offers a wide range of approaches to teaching and learning that will help to keep students stimulated and engaged when studying languages.
Focusing on the nuts and bolts of lessons and teaching sequences, this guide looks at the methods used by teachers to interact with their students and offers practical strategies and ideas on how to incorporate skilled questioning and other interactions into the classroom.
Drawing on a range of activities, case studies and tech tips to maximise engagement and learning, this book covers:
Packed full of strategies that are easy to implement, this timely new book is essential reading for both trainee and practising language teachers.
1. Running a room
2. Dissecting a lesson: visuals
3. Dissecting a lesson: using written texts
4. Dissecting a lesson: task-based lessons
5. Enjoying sounds
6. Purposeful games
7. Getting grammatical
8. Words and chunks
9. Dissecting a lesson: speaking
10. Dissecting a lesson: writing
11. Teaching all abilities
12. Pace, questioning and other interactions
13. Moving them forwards
14. What makes an outstanding language teacher?