Behavior Management in Physical Education provides evidence-based, practical guidance on behavior management in the physical education classroom. Readers will learn how to identify and define problem behavior, discover the reasons behind misbehavior, create thriving classrooms via the incorporation of positive and proactive classroom management strategies, implement procedures to address problem behavior, and collect appropriate data to ensure interventions are having a meaningful impact.
The book includes discussion on the use of technology in the physical education classroom to aid the behavior management process, and features case studies in every chapter to highlight key concepts and practical tools to help teachers create a safe and enriching learning environment. This reader-friendly text will inspire aspiring and seasoned physical educators to try new techniques to strengthen their behavior management repertoire.
It is an important read for pre-service and in-service physical education teachers, as well as other physical activity practitioners, and a useful resource for students of physical education teaching methods and behavior management courses.
1. An Introduction to Behavior Management in Physical Education
2. Preparing for Success: Proactive Behavior Management Strategies
3. Reasons why Students Misbehave
4. When Students Misbehave: Reactive Behavior Management Strategies
5. Data Collection and Analysis- has boxes which need to be fixed
6. Self-Management and Ethics