Big Data Analytics
Harnessing Data for New Business Models
- Available for pre-order. Item will ship after July 5, 2021
This volume explores the diverse applications of advanced tools and technologies of the emerging field of big data and its evidential value in business. It examines the role of analytics tools and methods of using big data in strengthening businesses to meet today’s information challenges and shows how businesses can adapt big data for effective businesses practices.
Big Data Analytics: Harnessing Data for New Business Models looks at the challenges related to this innovative technology, its diverse applications in the business context, how this technology can enhance the decision-making process, and how it contributes to achieving sustainable development goals.
The volume is divided in several areas, focusing on:
- Opportunities and challenges of big data
- Big data and the business decision-making process
- Business examples of big data applications
- Big data and sustainable development
Significant investments have been made in recent years in companies’ infrastructure to increase their capacity to collect data. Practically, all aspects of a business are now open to data collection: operations, manufacturing, supply chain management, customer behavior, the performance of marketing campaigns, flow management procedures, etc. At the same time, data about events outside the company, such as market trends, company news, and competitors’ activities, is now widely available. This volume shows how big data and the use of data analytics is being effectively adopted more frequently, especially in companies that are looking for new methods to develop smarter capabilities and tackle challenges in dynamic processes. Many illustrative case studies are presented that highlight how companies in every sector are now focusing on harnessing data to create a new way of doing business.
This book will familiarize readers with the different concepts related to big data analytics for business applications. It will help readers to enrich their knowledge and gain more insight on how big data and analytics techniques work and how they can take advantage of the opportunity offered by this practical exciting field.
Table of Contents
PART I: BIG DATA: OPPORTUNITIES AND CHALLENGES
1. Big Data: An Overview
Malika Bakdi and Wassila Chadli
2. Big Data Between Pros and Cons
Djamila Cylia Kheyar
3. Big Data Uses and the Challenges They Face
Nadia Soudani and Djamila Sadek
4. Twitter’s Big Data Analysis Using RStudio
Houssame Eddine Balouli and Lazhar Chine
5. Big Data for Business Growth in Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs)
Rabia Ahmed Benyahia
PART II: BIG DATA AND BUSINESSES’ DECISION-MAKING PROCESS?
6. The Role of Big Data in Strategic Decision-Making
Amal Bensautra, Amel Fassouli, and Fella Ghida
7. Data Mining and Its Contribution to Decision-Making in Business Organizations
Nadia Hamdi Pacha, Fatma Zohra Khebazi, and Nachida Mazouz
8. The Strategic Role of Big Data Analytics in the Decision-Making Process
Yahia Benyahia and Fatma Zohra Hennane
9. The Role of the Information System in Making Strategic Decisions in the Economic Institution: Case Study of Baticic in Ain Defla, Algeria
Khedidja Belhadji and Abdellah Kelleche
10. The Role of Big Data Analysis and Strategic Vigilance in Decision-Making
Bakhta Bettahar and Abdellah Aggoun
11. Big Data Analysis and Its Role in Making Strategic Decisions
Ramdhan Sahnoun and Boulanouar Mokhtari
PART III: BIG DATA APPLICATIONS: BUSINESS EXAMPLES
12. The Farthest Planning of Big Data in the Light of Information Technology: "Smart Cities: A World to Yet"
Noureddine Zahoufi and Abdelkader Dahman
13. Blockchain Technology as a Method Based on Organizing Big Data to Build Smart Cities: The Dubai Experience
Saliha Hafifi and Fethia Benhadj Djilali Magraoua
14. The Uses of Big Data in the Health Sector
Fatma Mana, Redouane Ensaad, and Djazia Hassini
15. The Role of Big Data in Avoiding the Banking Default in Algeria (The Possibility of Upgrading the Preventive Centers of the Bank of Algeria as a Source of Big Data)
Mohamed Ilifi and Hamza Belghalem
16. Marketing Information System as a Marketing Crisis Management Mechanism through Big Data Analytics: A Case Study of Algeria Telecom in Bouira
Rabah Ghazi and Fatima Zohra Soukeur
17. Perspectives of Big Data Analytics’ Integration in the Business Strategy of Amazon, Inc.
Mustapha Bouakel and Amina Zerbout
18. The Hospital Information System: A Fundamental Lever for Performance in Hospitals
Zineb Matene and Khalida Mohammed Belkebir
PART IV: BIG DATA AND SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT
19. Big Data Analysis and Sustainable Development
Dehbia El Djouzi
20. Big Data for Sustainable Development Goals: Theoretical Approach
Fatima Lalmi and Rafika Benaichouba
21. Using Big Data in Official Statistics for Sustainable Development
Khadra Rachedi and Fatima Rachedi
22. The Initiatives of the UN to Improve the Quality of Big Data and Support the Sustainable Development Goals for 2030
Zahia Kouache and Nadia Messaoudi
23. Big Data and It Role in Achieving the Sustainable Development Goals: Experiences of Leading Organizations
Kamel Maiouf and Achour Mezrig
Soraya Sedkaoui, PhD, is a senior lecturer, data analyst, and strategic business consultant with more than 10 years of teaching, training, research, and consulting experience in statistics, big data analytics, and machine learning algorithms. Leading the Big Data Analytic Consulting Practice at SRY Consulting in Montpellier, France, Dr. Soraya is focused on working with global clients across industries to determine how a data-driven approach can be embedded into strategic initiatives. This includes also helping businesses create actionable insights to drive business outcomes that lead to benefits valued in several fields. Dr. Soraya’s works have contributed to delivering analytics services and solutions for competitive advantage through the use of algorithms, advanced analytical tools, and data science techniques. She worked as a researcher at TRIS Laboratory at the University of Montpellier, France (2011–2017). She contributed to the European project on “Internet Economics: Methods, Models, and Management (2017)” in collaboration with Pr. H-W Gottinger (STRATEC, Munich, Germany). She also contributed to creating many algorithms for business applications, such as the algorithm of Snail 2016, in France and more. Her science-oriented research experience and interests are in the areas of big data, computer science, and the development of algorithms and models for business applications and problems. Dr. Sedkaoui’s prior books and research have been published in several refereed editions and journals. Dr. Soraya also holds a PhD in economic analysis and an HDR in economic and applied statistics.Mounia Khelfaoui, PhD, is a teacher-researcher and lecturer at the University Djilali Bounaama Khemis-Miliana in Algeria. With experience in research, she is a member of the research laboratory “Industry, Organizational Development of Enterprises and Innovation” of the University of Khemis-Miliana since 2008. Her research focuses on sustainable development and especially on corporate social responsibility (CSR), the sharing economy, and the circular economy. She has published in various journals and conferences dealing with the topic of CSR and sustainable development. Dr. Khelfaoui’s research proposes to demonstrate the role of the adoption of the CSR in organizations in light of the principles of sustainable development. She graduated from the University of Algiers 3 with a PhD in economics and an HDR in environmental economics.
Nadjat Kadi, PhD, is a senior lecturer at the University of Djilali Bounaama Khemis-Miliana, Algeria. She is the Manager of The Digital Economy Laboratory. Her research relates to economic and statistical analysis and the field of demography. She graduated from the University of Oran, Algeria, with a PhD in in demography and an HDR in economic and demographic analysis.