This book offers a unique balance between a basic introductory knowledge of bioinformatics and a detailed study of algorithmic techniques. Bioinformatics and RNA: A Practice-Based Approach is a complete guide on the fundamental concepts, applications, algorithms, protocols, new trends, challenges, and research results in the area of bioinformatics and RNA.
The book offers a broad introduction to the explosively growing new discipline of bioinformatics. It covers theoretical topics along with computational algorithms. It explores RNA bioinformatics, which contribute to therapeutics and drug discovery. Implementation of algorithms in a DotNet Framework with code and complete insight on the state-of-the-art and recent advancements are presented in detail. The book targets both novice readers as well as practitioners in the field.
- Offers a broad introduction to the explosively growing new discipline of bioinformatics
- Covers theoretical topics and computational algorithms
- Explores RNA bioinformatics to unleash the potential from therapeutics to drug discovery
- Discusses implementation of algorithms in DotNet Frameworks with code
- Presents insights into the state of the art and recent advancements in bioinformatics
The book is useful to undergraduate students with engineering, science, mathematics, or biology backgrounds. Researchers will be equally interested.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction to Bioinformatics
2. Computational Biology
6. Pseudoknot Prediction Techniques
7. Pseudoknot Grammar
8. New Areas of Bioinformatics
Dr. Dolly Sharma is an Associate Professor at Amity University, Noida. Her research areas are Bioinformatics and Grid Computing.
Dr. Shailendra Singh is a Professor in the Computer Science and Engineering Department at Punjab Engineering College (Deemed to be University), Chandigarh, India. His research areas are Artificial Intelligence and Bioinformatics.
Dr. Mamta Mittal is working in the Department of CSE at G. B. Pant Engineering College, Delhi. Her research areas are Deep Learning and Soft Computing.