Published in 1984: For this volume the publishers at CRC Press have chosen to present information on just one important area, namely the biomedical field, where much progress in the application of microencapsulation has been made in recent years.
Table of Contents
1. An Overview of Pharmaceutical Applications
Louis Luzzi and Anthony Palmierri, III
2. Release Characteristics of Microcapsules
Joseph Robert Nixon
3. Biodegradeable Microspheres for Parental Administration
Curt Thies and Marie-Christine Bissery
4. Microencapsulation of Progesterone for Contraception by Intracervical Injection
Norbert S. Mason et al.
5. Artificial Cells
Thomas Ming Swi Chang
6. Free Thyroxine Assay: An Application of Microencapsulated Antibodies
Robert J. Buehler et al.
7. Reusable Microencapsulated Enzymes for the Clinical Laboratory
Richard D. Moss and Franklin Lim
8. Microencapsulation of Living Cells and Tissues – Theory and Practice
Franklin Lim, Ph.D., is an Associate Professor of Pathology at the Medical College of Virginia, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, Virginia.