Bioprocessing of Agri-Food Residues for Production of Bioproducts
- Available for pre-order. Item will ship after April 15, 2021
This new volume presents original research and scientific advances in the field of the food bioprocessing, bioproducts, valorization of agricultural and food wastes, microbiology, and biotechnology. It explores the most important advances in the valorization of agri-food residues for the production of bioproducts and in the development of several bioprocessing strategies. The authors place a special emphasis on the challenges that the industry faces in the era of sustainable development and aim to facilitate the reduction of food loss and waste. This book demonstrates the potential and actual development and advances in the design and development of strategies and tools for the bioprocessing of agri-food residues for the production of bioproducts.
Bioprocessing of Agri-Food Residues for Production of Bioproducts covers aspects related to biotransformation of agri-food residues such as mango seed, citrus waste, pomegranate husks, nut shells, melon peels, leaves and grains, cheese whey, among others.
Table of Contents
1. Dual-Purpose Bioprocesses: Biotransformation of Agri-Food Residues and High Added-Value Bioproducts Recovery
Miguel A. Medina-Morales et al.
2. Mango Seed Byproduct: A Sustainable Source of Bioactive Phytochemicals and Important Functional Properties
Cristian Torres-León et al.
3. Citrus Waste: An Important Source of Bioactive Compounds
Nathiely Ramírez-Guzmán et al.
4. Use of Agro-Industrial Residues to Obtain Polyphenols with Prebiotic Effect
Yoselyn Castro-Torres et al.
5. Valorization of Pomegranate Residues
Paloma Almanza-Tovanche et al.
6. Lactic Acid Fermentation as a Tool for Obtaining Bioactive Compounds from Cruciferous Vegetables
Daniela Iga Buitrón et al.
7. Potential of Agro-Food Residues to Produce Enzymes for Animal Nutrition
Erika Nava-Reyna et al.
8. Biotechnological Valorization of Whey, a By-Product from the Dairy Industry
Hilda Karina Sáenz-Hidalgo et al.
9. Contributions of Biosurfactants in the Environment: A Green and Clean Approach
Geeta Rawat and Vivek Kumar
10. Fungal Solid-State Bioprocessing of Grapefruit Waste
Ramón Larios-Cruz et al.
11. Valorization of Ataulfo Mango Seed Byproduct Based on Its Nutritional and Functional Properties
Cristian Torres-León et al.
12. Kinetic Parameters of the Carotenoids Production by Rhodotorula glutinis under Different Concentration of Carbon Source
Ayerim Hernández-Almanza et al.
Adriana Carolina Flores-Gallegos, PhD, is a full-time Professor at the School of Chemistry, Autonomous University of Coahuila, Mexico.
Rosa Maria Rodriguez-Jasso, PhD, is a full-time Professor at the School of Chemistry, Autonomous University of Coahuila, Mexico.
Cristóbal Noé Aguilar, PhD, is Director of Research and Postgraduate Programs at the Universidad Autonoma de Coahuila, Mexico.