384 pages | 12 Color Illus. | 60 B/W Illus.
Bioremediation and Nutrient Removal provides a sound understanding and deeper insight on bioremediation of diverse pollutants using bio-electroactive fuel cells (BEFC). The book discusses sound and appropriate utilization of various electrode and/or electrolyte components in building self-sustaining fuel cell systems that target removal of both conventional and emerging pollutants along with production of energy. Various bioremediation strategies with potential scale up option for a) wastewater treatment b) metal removal and soil remediation and c) drug derivatives and emerging contaminants, are the main highlights presented in this volume.
1. Introduction to Bio-electroactive Fuel cell, Technologies.
2. Applications in Wastewater Treatment.
3. Metal removal and recovery.
4. Biocatalysts in MFC’s.
5. Groundwater and Soil bio-remediation.
6. Removal of Emerging Pollutants.
7. Oil spill removal and hydrocarbon treatment /recovery.
8. Antibiotics and Pharmaceutical compounds removal.
9. Nutrients removal and recovery.
10. Desalination for freshwater generation.