Biotic Stress Management of Crop Plants using Nanomaterials
- Available for pre-order on April 27, 2023. Item will ship after May 18, 2023
Prices & shipping based on shipping country
This book summarizes nanotechnology-based agricultural research for crop productivity and managing various plant pathogens. It deals with the application of nano-molecules for quick, cost-effective, and precise plant disease diagnostic procedures, plant pests and disease management, nano-pesticides, and nano-diagnostics. Further, it explains nanomaterials for biotic stress management, with an insight into the synthesis and modification of nanomaterials and their potential applications in different domains for disease management.
• Compiles current research on the Nanomaterials as well as their versatile applications in plant biotic stress management.
• Describes role of Nanomaterials as enzyme-mimicking nanoparticles, nano-pesticides, nano-fertilizers, and nanomaterials.
• Reviews day-to-day problems related to crop plants, their diagnostics and stress management.
• Explores trends in Nanomaterial’s utility towards diagnostics, enzyme-mimicking, crop protection and their possible role in plant disease management.
• Includes pertinent nanomaterials including synthetic strategies, properties, chemistry, and applications.
This book aims at researchers and graduate students in plant pathology, genetic engineering, environmental science, botany, bioengineering, and nanotechnology.
Table of Contents
1. Overview of nanomaterials and their synthesis. 2. Nanomaterial as nano-pesticides. 3. Nanomaterials as nano-fertilizers. 4. Natural biopolymer nano-materials in biotic stress management. 5. Role of enzyme-mimicking nanoparticles in crop plants. 6. Nanomaterials impacts on genetic transformation: An outline. 7. Nanodiagnostics: Tool for diagnosis of plant pathogens. 8. Myco-nanoparticles: Synthesis and probable role in plant pathogens management. 9. Nanotechnology in biotic stress management: Future challenges and opportunities.
Dr. Krishna Kant Mishra is currently working as Principal Scientist, Crop Protection Division in ICAR-Vivekananda Parvatiya Krishi Anusandhan Sansthan, Almora, Uttarakhad, India. Dr. Mishra received his B.Sc. (Biology) degree from University of Allahabad, Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh, India with Gold Medal. He obtained his M.Sc. (Plant Pathology) and Ph.D. in Plant Pathology with minor in Molecular Biology & Genetic Engineering from G.B. Pant University of Agriculture & Technology, Pantnagar, Uttarakhand, India. He worked as Junior Research Officer at Department of Plant Pathology, G.B. Pant University of Agriculture & Technology, Pantnagar, Uttarakhand, India during 2006-2010. He was awarded P.R. Verma Award by Indian Society of Mycology and Plant Pathology, Udaipur, India in 2006 for Ph.D. thesis, Young Scientist Award by Uttarakhand State Science and Technology Congress in 2011. During his career, Dr. Mishra has published a more than 39 research papers and 29 book chapters, 03 authored books and 01 edited book. He has attended and participated in many local and international workshops and conferences. He has also been elected as Zonal President-2021, Mid-Eastern Zone by Indian Phytopathological Society, New Delhi. He also served as a member of different organizing committees and an editorial board member and reviewer at several scientific journals.
Dr. Santosh Kumar is currently working as an Associate Professor at Department of Chemistry at Harcourt Butler Technical University Kanpur, India. Previously, he was a Research Professor in Department of Organic and Nano System Engineering, Division of Chemical Engineering, Konkuk University, Seoul, South Korea. Dr. Kumar received his B.Sc, M.Sc. in Chemistry and D. Phil. in Organic Chemistry from University of Allahabad, India. He worked as a Research Associate (CSIR) at Department of Chemistry, Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology, Allahabad, India. He was awarded CAS-TWAS Postdoctoral fellowship in 2008 and worked in Changchun Institute of Applied Chemistry, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Changchun, China. Later he joined as a KU Brain Pool Professor and researcher at the Konkuk University, Seoul, South Korea (2010-2013). He was awarded FCT Postdoctoral Fellowship 2012; worked in Chemistry Centre, University of Coimbra, Coimbra, Portugal (2013-2017). During his career, Dr. Kumar has published a more than 82 research papers, edited 1 book and 7 book chapters, attended, and participated in local and international workshops, and conferences. He also served as a member of different organizing committees and an editorial board member and reviewer at several scientific journals. Besides, He is Associate Editors of Asian Chitin Journal, and Editor-in-Chief of Journal of Biological Engineering Research and Review. Current research interest involves source apportionment of chemical modification, optical and biological properties of chitosan biopolymer for biomedical applications, nanotechnology, nanocomposite materials, drug & gene delivery, and Environmental chemistry. Total Citation: 1951; h-Index: 26; i10-Index: 48