Since the 1980s in Europe high-speed rail has emerged rapidly as a means of transportation, and in the upcoming years many more tunnel, bridge and other infrastructure projects will be developed across the continent. At the same time design concepts and technologies have improved and innovative structural ideas have appeared, since trains travelling at high speed produce new and formerly unknown effects on structures such as bridges.
Bridges for High-Speed Railways is a collection of papers from leading experts in this field. Issue addressed include:
– Steel and composite bridges for high-speed railways;
– European Standards for high-speed railway bridges;
– Prestressed concrete high-speed railway bridges;
– Bridge-vehicles dynamic interaction;
– Seismic design of structures for high-speed railways;
– Codes and dynamic analysis;
– Construction, monitoring, maintenance and repair.
Bridges for High-Speed Railways provides a valuable source of reference for bridge designers, consultants, infrastructure owners, regulatory authorities, construction companies, researchers, teachers and students involved in structural engineering projects for high-speed railways.