Published in 1990: With the accumulation of knowledge in the newer areas of investigations and the increasing degree of specialization, the most satisfactory way of bringing together authentic information in one volume is to invite the specialists in each area to contribute.
Table of Contents
1. Protoplasts as Tools in the Study of Moss Development
Neil W. Ashton et al.
2. Mutants as Tools for the Analytical Dissection of Cell Differentiation in Physcomitrella patens Gametophytes
Neil W. Ashton and David J. Cove
3. Photomodulation and Protonema Development
Elmar Hartmann and Martin Weber
4. Hormones of the Moss Protonema
5. Growth Regulating Substances in Mosses
Satish C. Bhatla and Sadhanda Dhingra-Babbar
6. Calcium and Cytokinin in Mosses
M. J. Saunders
7. Physiology of Moss-Bacterial Association
Luretta D. Spiess, Barbara B. Lippincott, and James A. Lippincott
8. Sexual Reproduction in Bryophytes in Relation to Physical Factors of the Environment
R. E. Longton
9. In Vitro Studies on Chemical Regulation of Gametangial Formation in Bryophytes
R. N. Chopra and Sarla
10. Induction and Controlled Differentiation of Callus in Mosses
M. K. C. Menon and M. Lal
11. Growth and Secondary Metabolic Production in Cultured Cells of Liverworts
Yoshimoto Ohta, Kenji katoh, and Reiji Takeda
12. Morphoregulatory Role of Hydroxyproline-Containing Proteins in Liverworts
Dominick V. Basile
13. Lunularic Acid in growth and Dormancy of Liverworts
W. W. Schwabe
14. Biological Active Substances from Bryophytes
Professor R. N. Chopra, Ph.D., F.B.S. has been teaching and supervising research at the Department of Botany, University of Delhi, India for over 33 years.
Satish C. Bhatla, Ph.D., is on the teaching staff of the Department of Botany at the University of New Delhi, India.