The ninth edition of Hall and Greeno's leading textbook has been reviewed and updated in relation to the latest building and water regulations, new technology, and new legislation. For this edition, new updates includes: the reappraisal of CO2 emissions targets, updates to sections on ventilation, fuel, A/C, refrigeration, water supply, electricity and power supply, sprinkler systems, and much more.
Building Services Handbook summarises the application of all common elements of building services practice, technique and procedure, to provide an essential information resource for students as well as practitioners working in building services, building management and the facilities administration and maintenance sectors of the construction industry. Information is presented in the highly illustrated and accessible style of the best-selling companion title Building Construction Handbook.
THE comprehensive reference for all construction and building services students, Building Services Handbook is ideal for a wide range of courses including NVQ and BTEC National through Higher National Certificate and Diploma to Foundation and three-year Degree level. The clear illustrations and complementary references to industry Standards combine essential guidance with a resource base for further reading and development of specific topics.
2. Cold Water Supply Systems
3. Hot Water Supply Systems
4. Heating Systems
5. Fuel Characteristics and Storage
6. Ventilation Systems
7. Air Conditioning
8. Drainage Systems, Sewage Treatment and Refuse Disposal
9. Sanitary Fitments and Appliances: Discharge and Waste Systems
10. Gas Installation, Components and Controls
11. Electrical Supply and Installations
12. Mechanical Conveyors - Lifts, Escalators and Travelators
13. Fire Prevention and Control Services
14. Security Installations
15. Accommodation for Building Services
16. Alternative and Renewable Energy
17. Appendices: Glossary of Common Abbreviations; Graphical Symbols for Pipe Work; Identification of Pipe Work; Graphical Symbols for Electrical Installation Work; Metrication, Introduction, Background and Development; Conversion of Common Imperial Units to Metric; Notation on Building Services Drawings