Business Law offers comprehensive coverage of the key aspects of business law that is easy to understand for both law and non-law students.
Established legal topics such as the English Legal System, Contract, Consumer, Company and Employment Law, as well as emerging areas such as Health and Safety and Environmental Law, are considered as they apply to business. This edition also includes coverage of the now essential field of Intellectual Property, written by Janice Denoncourt.
The work has been thoroughly updated to include all the recent major developments in the law, such as the Consumer Rights Act 2015 and the Small Business, Enterprise and Employment Act 2015 together with important cases that have been decided in the period since the last edition. Mention, of course is made of Brexit, although as yet its outcome and consequences remain uncertain.
Key learning features include:
Business Law offers a topical overview of this subject in an accessible style suited to both law and business studies undergraduates.
Part 1: Law, Legal Sources and Dispute Resolution
1. Law and Legal Sources
2. The Criminal and Civil Courts
3. Alternative Dispute Resolution
Part 2: Business Transactions
4. Contract (1): Formation of a Contract
5. Contract (2): Contents of a Contract
6. Contract (3): Vitiating Factors
7. Contract (4): Discharge of a Contract
8. Consumer Protection and Sale of Goods and Services
Part 3: Business Liability
10. Vicarious and Employers' Liability
11. Liability for Land and Environmental Damage
Part 4: Business Organisation
13. Partnership Law
14. Company Law (1): The Nature and Formation of Companies
15. Company Law (2): The Management and Operation of Companies
Part 5: Employment Law and Health and Safety
16. Individual Employment Rights (1): The Contract of Employment
17. Individual Employment Rights (2): Equal Pay and Discrimination
18. Individual Employment Rights (3): Termination
19. Health and Safety Law
Part 6: Intellectual Property Rights
20. Intellectual Property