Cardiac CT Made Easy
An Introduction to Cardiovascular Multidetector Computed Tomography
Prices & shipping based on shipping country
Based on advances in scanner and software technology, cardiovascular imaging with multidetector computed tomography (MDCT) is developing into an important clinical diagnostic tool for cardiac disease. Combining the in-depth coverage of a text with the diagnostic utility of a manual, Cardiac CT Made Easy: An Introduction to Cardiovascular Multidetector Computed Tomography provides a simple introduction to the principles of MDCT for cardiovascular applications from the perspective of the CT technologist as well as the clinician.
Covering the essential topics in a detailed manner, this volume:
- Reviews the technical principles of CT
- Discusses characteristics of the normal heart as well as clinical cardiovascular indications
- Focuses on clinical manifestations of disease, diagnostic criteria, and options for management
- Reviews major anti-arrhythmic drugs and new agents coming into use
- Discusses clinical applications in comparison with other imaging modalities— clarifying the strengths and the limitations of CT in the assessment of specific clinical problems
- Explores current standard applications such as imaging of the aorta, as well as emerging areas for coronary artery imaging
- Contains a large number of selected images to place the material in context
Practical and fully up to date, this is an essential book for cardiovascular clinicians and technologists using CT imaging technology, cardiac specialists and nurses, and imaging physicists.