Based on advances in scanner and software technology, cardiovascular imaging with multidetector computed tomography (MDCT) is developing into an important clinical diagnostic tool for cardiac disease.
Combining the in-depth coverage of a text with the diagnostic utility of a manual, this superb guide provides a simple introduction to the principles of MDCT for cardiovascular applications from the perspective of the CT technologist as well as the clinician.
Detailed and essential reading, Cardiac CT Made Easy:
- contains a large number of selected images
- focuses on clinical manifestations of disease, diagnostic criteria and options for management
- reviews major anti-arrhythmic drugs and new agents coming into use
- discusses clinical applications in comparison with other imaging modalities, thus clarifying the strengths and the limitations of CT in the assessment of specific clinical problems
- explores current standard applications such as imaging of the aorta, as well as emerging areas including coronary artery imaging.
Practical and fully up to date, this is an important CD for cardiovascular clinicians and technologists using CT imaging technology, cardiac specialists and nurses, and imaging physicists.
Table of Contents
A) The information will be presented in the figure format. The images will be presented in the format of the original Atlas, with a detailed figure legend, which will include most of the text of the print versions. Content and chapter order will follow outline of the "Cardiac CT Made Easy" book.
B) There will be about 280 images with legend, references, and links to the movies. The figures will be numbered according to the "Cardiac CT Made Easy" book. Additional images, not included in the "Cardiac CT Made Easy" book, will be numbered e.g. as image 23a, 23b etc.
C) There will be about 20 case presentations, following the "CT Made Easy" book.
D) The Movie part will include about 90 movies, which will be linked to the text and images
E) The Index will allow to link to the images and the text