Cardiovascular Molecular Imaging is based on a groundbreaking NIH symposium sponsored by the American Society of Nuclear Cardiology. The first all-inclusive guide to the targeted molecular imaging of the cardiovascular system, it includes color illustrations throughout and is packaged with a user-friendly CD-ROM with supplemental material.
This reference covers new methods for the analysis and management of cardiovascular pathophysiological processes and discusses new technologies for analyzing cardiovascular receptors, gene expression, vascular structures, and biological processes that affect the heart and associated vessels.
Bridging the gap between basic science and clinical applications, the contributors:
- Span the most recent molecular imaging procedures used to stage disease states and assess treatment outcomes for specific cardiovascular ailments
- Discuss the potential of molecular imaging to provide an improved understanding of the diagnosis and management of critical cardiovascular pathophysiological processes
- Track the identification of targeted biological markers for molecular and physiological processes and cover their possible impact on the development of new imaging instruments and technologies
- Consider biochemical processes and signaling events that precede pathophysiological transformations
- Analyze the latest imaging technologies that enable healthcare practitioners to improve the diagnosis, treatment, and evaluation of patients with cardiovascular conditions
Table of Contents
Imaging of Myocardial Metabolism. PET/Micropet Imaging. SPECT/Microspect Imaging. CT/Microct Imaging. Targeted MRI. Targeted Echocardiography. Combined Systems. Intravascular Radiation Detectors. Intravascular Ultrasound. Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT). Overview of Imaging of Cardiac Reporter Genes. PET Imaging of Transcriptional Regulation. In-Vivo Imaging of Transgene Expression Using the Herpesviral Thymidine Kinase Reporter Gene. Optical Cardiovascular Imaging. Overview of Targeted Radiochemistry. Radiotracer Development for Evaluating the CV System. Bispecifc Antibodies and Poly-Linkage Methods. Small Animal Anesthesia and Physiological Monitoring. PET Radiotracers for Imaging of Transgenic Murine Models. Application of Radiotracers In Small Animals. Overview of Imaging Atherosclerosis. Potential Targets for Imaging of Atherosclerosis. Radiotracer Imaging of Unstable Plaque. Atherosclerosis Imaging with Nanoparticles. Overview of Angiogenesis. Radiolabeled Imaging of Myocardial Angiogenesis. Echocardiographic Targeted Imaging of Angiogenesis. MR Imaging of Angiogenesis. PET Imaging of Neurocardiac and Adrenergic Receptors. Imaging of Beta-Receptors in Heart. SPECT Imaging of Cardiac Adrenergic Receptors. Radiotracer Imaging Of Myocardial Inflammation. Echocardiographic Imaging of Myocardial Inflammation. Myocardial Imaging Labeling Mmps and Hormone Receptor Ligands. Imaging Apoptosis and Imaging Cardiac Growth. Imaging Cardiac Growth. Molecular Signals of Metabolism. PET Imaging of Metabolism. SPECT Imaging of Metabolism. MRS Imaging of Metabolism. Future of Cardiovascular Molecular Imaging
Robert J. Gropler