A comprehensive survey of all the countries and territories of Central and South-Eastern Europe, presenting the latest economic and political developments.
* Includes expert comment on issues of regional importance, up-to-date statistics, a directory of institutes and companies and political profiles
* Provides an impartial and current perspective on economic and political developments
* Over 750 pages of authoritative analysis, current statistics, directory data and biographical details.
* Leading authorities on the area analyse topics of regional interest. Subjects covered include: Central and South-Eastern European Economies; Minorities in Central and South-Eastern Europe; The Baltic Sea Region; The Macedonian Question and The Former Yugoslavia After Milosevic.
* Detailed individual chapters for each country that include a description of physical and social geography; a chronology; essays on the history and economy; a statistical survey; and a directory of names and addresses and background information covering the constitution, national and local government, political organizations, the judicial system, religion, the press, finance, trade and industry etc.
* Biographical details on the leading figures in the region.
* Detailed information on the following: regional organizations; research institutes; a select periodicals bibliography and a select books bibliography.
'This is an impressive reference work providing an impartial and invaluable guide to the politics, economy and history of the region.' - European Access Plus