Now in its ninth edition, this title continues to provide the most accurate and reliable information available.
- a comprehensive survey of the countries and territories of Central and South-Eastern Europe, presenting the latest economic and political developments
- includes expert analysis of issues of regional importance, up-to-date statistics, extensive directories, and biographical information
- provides an impartial discussion of the politics and economy of the region.
- leading authorities on the area analyse topics of regional interest. Essays focus on: Central and South-Eastern European Economies; Minorities in Central and South-Eastern Europe; Environmental Governance and EU Enlargement; Modern Greece in South-Eastern Europe; The Baltic Sea Region; Developments in Kosovo; Bosnia and Herzegovina since Dayton; The Impact of EU Integration on Social Policy Reforms in Central and South-Eastern Europe; plus appendices on the religions of the region and on Kaliningrad.
Detailed individual chapters for each country include:
- a description of physical and social geography
- a chronology
- essays on the history and economy
- a statistical survey
- a select biliography.
Each chapter also includes a comprehensive directory of names, addresses, contact numbers, and e-mail and internet addresses, together with information on: the constitution, national and local government, political organizations, diplomatic representation, the judicial system, religion, the media, finance, telecommunications, trade and industry (including major companies), transport, tourism, culture, education, social welfare, the environment and defence.
Who's Who in Central and South-Eastern Europe
- biographical details on more than 170 of the region's leading political figures.
- provides detailed information on selected regional and international organizations; a list of research institutes; and select bibliographies of both books and periodicals.
'This is an impressive reference work providing an impartial and invaluable guide to the politics, economy and history of the region' - European Access Plus