Colloquial Chinese CD-ROM
A Multimedia Language Course
- This format is currently out of stock.
Colloquial Chinese CD-ROM is an exciting and easy-to-use multimedia language course.
Routledge's acclaimed Colloquial Series provides accessible and authoritative courses in languages as they are used today. This CD-ROM dramatically expands on material from the Colloquial Series, incorporating all the benefits of multimedia learning to ensure you get the most out of this highly enjoyable language course.
Ideal for beginners, this course will also appeal to those with a basic knowledge of the language, or who are seeking a refresher course. A range of everyday travel, business and leisure situations are covered in fourteen lessons. The content of the lessons has been written by an experienced teacher of Chinese, and the program created by an experienced multimedia designer.
By the end of the course you will be able to communicate confidently and effectively in Chinese. You will also find this program simple and fun to use with even a very basic knowledge of Windows TM.
Each interactive lesson includes:
* unique focus on characters - new words are dialogues are in pinyin and characters * dialogues from native speakers which you control at the touch of a button. No more rewinding tapes - just point and click!
* a variety of interactive exercises - many with sound - complete with scoring and answers when you need them
* authoritative reference material such as grammar and pronunciation
* easy access to transcripts of new words and dialogues
* a vocabulary list in both pinyin and characters for quick look-up, and the characters can be easily copied to a word processing programme
* ability to record and playback your own voice to test your pronunciation
With Colloquial Chinese CD-ROM you can enjoy learning at your own pace - at home, when travelling or at work - wherever you have access to your multimedia computer.
'From the first "ni hao" - "hello" - the disk proves itself streets ahead of other media as a vehicle for basic language instruction, the key to its success lying in the ease with which the student can click between speech, transliterated Chinese, and Chinese characters.' - The Independent on Sunday