© 2014 – Routledge
Colloquial Filipino provides a step-by-step course in Filipino as it is written and spoken today. Combining a user-friendly approach with a thorough treatment of the language, it equips learners with the essential skills needed to communicate confidently and effectively in Filipino in a broad range of situations. No prior knowledge of the language is required.
Key features include:
• progressive coverage of speaking, listening, reading and writing skills
• structured, jargon-free explanations of grammar
• an extensive range of focused and stimulating exercises
• realistic and entertaining dialogues covering a broad variety of scenarios
• useful vocabulary lists throughout the text
• additional resources available at the back of the book, including a full answer key, a grammar summary and bilingual glossaries
Balanced, comprehensive and rewarding, Colloquial Filipino will be an indispensable resource both for independent learners and students taking courses in Filipino.
The complete course comprises the book and audio materials. These are available to purchase separately in paperback, ebook, CD and MP3 format. The paperback and CDs can also be purchased together in the great-value Colloquials pack.
Paperback: 978-0-415-51849-9 (please note this does not include the audio)
CDs : 978-0-415-51852-9
eBook: 978-0-203-12337-9 (please note this does not include the audio, available to purchase from http://ebookstore.tandf.co.uk/audio_viewbooks.aspx)
MP3s: 978-0-415-51845-1 (available to purchase from http://ebookstore.tandf.co.uk/audio_viewbooks.aspx)
Pack : 978-0-415-51850-5 (paperback and CDs)
Brief introduction to the language Unit 1 Greetings and Introductions Unit 2 My Things Unit 3 Colours and Numbers Unit 4 My Family Unit 5 Time and Habitual Actions Unit 6 Money and Shopping Unit 7 Directions Unit 8 Visiting a Friend Unit 9 Calling A Friend Unit 10 At a Restaurant Unit 11 Going to the Doctor Unit 12 Planning a Trip Abroad Unit 13 Cooking Unit 14 Going to a Funeral Unit 15 Returning a Blouse Unit 16 Going to a "Fiesta" (Town celebration)