Do you know Brazilian Portuguese already and want to go a stage further? If you’re planning a visit to Brazil, need to brush up your Brazilian Portuguese for work, or are simply doing a course, Colloquial Portuguese of Brazil 2 is the ideal way to refresh your knowledge of the language and to extend your skills.
Key features of Colloquial Portuguese of Brazil 2 include:
- revision material to help consolidate and build up your basics
- a wide range of contemporary authentic documents
- lots of spoken and written exercises in each unit
- highlighted key structures and phrases, a grammar reference and detailed answer keys
- a broad range of everyday situations, focusing on Brazil
- supplementary exercises and Brazilian Portuguese language web-links at www.routledge.com/languages.
Audio material to accompany the course is available to download free in MP3 format from www.routledge.com/cw/colloquials. Recorded by native speakers, the audio material features the dialogues and texts from the book and will help develop your listening and pronunciation skills.
Table of Contents
Between friends, Brazil, I’m on holiday!, To rent/to hire, Religious and public holidays, Health and nutrition, Education and culture, Sports and religion, Work market, Immigration and economic development, Politics, communication and media, Ecology and the Brazilian Indians, Suggestions for further reading, Grammar reference, Key to exercises, Grammar index, Topic index.
Barbara McIntyre has variously been a librarian, tutor in Portuguese, Spanish, and French at St. Andrews and author. Esmenia Osborne is Brazilian. She has taught Portuguese for over 30 years and is currently working as a free-lance interpreter and translator.