Colloquial Russian provides a step-by-step course in Russian as it is written and spoken today.
Combining a user-friendly approach with a thorough treatment of the language, it equips learners with the essential skills needed to communicate confidently and effectively in Russian in a broad range of situations.
- progressive coverage of speaking, listening, reading and writing skills
- structured, jargon-free explanations of grammar
- an extensive range of focused and stimulating exercises
- realistic and entertaining dialogues covering a broad variety of scenarios
- useful vocabulary lists throughout the text
- additional resources available at the back of the book, including a full answer key, a grammar summary and bilingual glossaries
Balanced, comprehensive and rewarding, Colloquial Russian will be an indispensable resource both for independent learners and students taking courses in Russian.
Colloquials are now supported by FREE AUDIO available online. All audio tracks referenced within the text are free to stream or download from www.routledge.com/cw/colloquials. Recorded by native speakers, the audio compliments the book and will help enhance learners’ listening and speaking skills.
Table of Contents
1. Whatʼs your name? 2. We are studying Russian 3. At the hotel 4. A typical day 5. Family 6. Visiting friends 7. Sport 8. Favourite holidays 9. Festivals 10. The Arbat 11. How to rent a flat in Moscow 12. Russian mass media 13. Shopping 14. Travelling 15. The theatre 16. Health care 17. St Petersburg 18. Equality 19. Education 20. Siberia
Susan Kay and Svetlana le Fleming have both taught Russian at the University of Northumbria, UK.